[posted] Posted(#49006, Irons)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Wed May 20 13:20:38 PDT 2015

On the apostolical succession, by William J. Irons                       49006
   [Subtitle: Parochial lectures, second series]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/4/9/0/0/49006 ]
   [Files: 49006-0.txt; 49006-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: William J(oseph) Irons was for many years the
Vicar of Brompton, London: a very stauch "Churchman" and writer of
numerous tracts etc.  As part of my research on Brompton I have to study
him and so am transcribing a few works by him.  He's High Church, very
against everything which isn't Church of England, and the book is part of
his argument of why the clergy have God-gifted authority and power.

All the best,
David,
England with blue skies and a still wind