[posted] Posted(#52464, Baylay)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Thu Jun 30 14:09:15 PDT 2016

Episcopal Fidelity, by Emilius Bayley                                    52464
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/5/2/4/6/52464 ]
   [Files: 52464-0.txt; 52464-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: Rev. Sir Emilius Bayley was Vicar of Paddington
when he preached this sermon at the consecration of the Bishop of
Rochester in 1877.  I stumbled across the pamphlet whilst looking for one
by the Rev. Edward Hoare and as Paddington and the period is close to the
one I'm studying (Brompton in the 1860's) I decided to transcribe the
pamphlet to get a bit of background.  It's very scrappy and I suspect the
real sermon would have had more padding.  As usual on such occasions it
covers the duties etc. of a Bishop.

All the best,
David,
England, light rain but putting on weight