[posted] Posted(#61023, Stone)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Thu Dec 26 13:52:17 PST 2019

A Letter to Lord Fielding                                                61023
   [Title: A Letter to Lord Fielding suggested by the late proceedings
           at the New Church at Pantasa]
   [Author: George Luther Stone]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/6/1/0/2/61023 ]

For those wishing to know: there was an almighty stink when Lord Fielding,
7th Earl of Denbigh, donated the Church of England church at Pantasa,
Flintshire to the Roman Catholilc Church.  The author of this work gives
Lord Fielding a right telling off, as did others in the newspapers etc.
Unfortunately the pamphlet doesn't explain the circumstances at all, which
is what I'd hoped for!  The Rev. Stone was of Rossett - which is a village
about half way between Chester and Wrexham - I was researching it a few
months ago and hence came across this.

All the best,
David,
Damp England