[posted] Posted(#66106, Dods)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Sun Aug 22 10:05:08 PDT 2021

Tales of the Wild and the Wonderful [1867], by Mary Diana Dods           66106
   [Author: T. Crofton Crocker]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/6/6/1/0/66106 ]
   [Files: 66106-0.txt; 66106-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: VERY IMPORTANT: This was not written by George
Borrow - please don't put him on the catalog record.  I transcribed this
and the 1825 in hope of sorting that out (I've also written an article on
it, but the main research was done by Prof. Betty T. Bennett).

This 1867 edition was a reprint (with some changes) of the original 1825
edition, Mary Dods having died back in the 1830's so nobody was holding
the copyright.  A few other odds and ends were added.  Crocker wrote The
Sleeping Friar (first published in Bristol Mercury, 1827).  The Spectre
Barber was written by Johann Karl August Musaus, translator not yet worked
out.

All the best,
David,
Very hot and sunny England