[posted] Posted(#64495, Stoughton)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Mon Feb 8 09:43:52 PST 2021

The Palace of Glass and the Gathering of the People, by John Stoughton   64495
   [Subtitle: A Book for the Exhibition]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/6/4/4/9/64495 ]
   [Files: 64495-0.txt; 64495-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: apologies, I transcribed this in 2015 and
forgot I'd done it - memory not that good!  Rev. John Stoughton was a
famous and well-liked minister in Kensington, England, when the 1851 Great
Exhibition was to be staged there, bringing people from all over the
world.  Stoughton wrote the book for the Religious Tract Society, it being
partly history, partly guide book, and partly religious.  Unlike many of
the other "guides" this is much more imaginative, and somewhat
sermon-like.

All the best,
David,
England with snow on the ground, but not much