[posted] Posted (#66467, Connellan)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Mon Oct 4 11:42:08 PDT 2021

Rev. T. Connellan, to his dearly beloved brethren                        66467
   [Title: Rev. T. Connellan, to his dearly beloved brethren, the Roman
           Catholics of the diocese of Elphin]
   [Author: Thomas Connellan]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/6/6/4/6/66467 ]
   [Files: 66467-0.txt; 66467-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: Rev. Connellan was the Roman Catholic Curate of
St. Peter's, Athlone, and very popular.  However, he started to doubt the
Roman church and eventually faked his own death and ran away to London to
become an editor.  This is the letter he sent when he returned back to
Ireland, explaining his actions etc.

I've researched him and I make his dates c1855-11jan1917.

All the best,
David,
Very rainy England