[posted] Posted(#58122, Visitor)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Wed Oct 17 14:07:56 PDT 2018

A Guide to Cromer and its Neighbourhood, by A Visitor                    58122
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/5/8/1/2/58122 ]
   [Files: 58122-0.txt; 58122-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: a little guide to the Norfolk sea-side town of
Cromer in 1841, when it was little known as a place to visit, and was well
off the beaton track.  The writer (some sources say it was Jane Alice
Sargant) was very familiar with the town and area and tells you what to
see, makes all sorts of useful suggestions, including walks.  I
particularly liked that Monday to Saturday a man was employed to keep
common people and servants off the jetty, so the upper and middle classes
could enjoy it.  We had standards back then!

All the best,
David
Dampest England