[posted] Posted(#58147, Brooke)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Sun Oct 21 14:02:38 PDT 2018

Visits to Fields of Battle, in England, of the Fifteenth Century, Brooke 58147
   [Author: Richard Brooke]
   [Subtitle: to which are added, some miscellaneous tracts and papers]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/5/8/1/4/58147 ]
   [Files: 58147-0.txt; 58147-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: Richard Brooke (1791-1861) was an antiquarian,
very interested in the Wars of the Roses and he would visit the places of
many of the famous battles, often to work out points which the historians
had passed over.  The text is generally very readable and interesting, and
the footnotes are copious and very detailed.  I've read a few modern books
on the Battle of Shrewsbury in 1403 (the first he covers), and they all
cite Brooke, and owe a great deal to him.

All the best,
David
England where we've had a bit of rain, but it's stopped now