[posted] Re: REPosted (#119, Twain)

John Mark Ockerbloom ockerblo at pobox.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 3 06:25:06 PDT 2009

There appear to be some glitches with this set.  In the HTML
versions of the individual parts (#5782-#5788), the links
to the main index and to previous and next parts don't work.
In the text versions, there are bare mentions of image filenames
that aren't explained in the text.

I understand that in the HTML edition of the unified releases
(such as #119), the part- and index-links work, and that in the HTML
versions, the image filenames resolve to images.  But it would seem
to me that if Gutenberg is also going to release alternative editions
(whether plain text versions, or editions that represent only part
of a work), that those releases should also be understandable
and consistent in themselves (even if this involves some changes
from what appears in the unified HTML editions).

John