[posted] Language detection error? (Re: Posted (#40466, Sifferath) !)

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Aug 11 11:21:43 PDT 2012

Thanks for this closer look, Nigel.  In response, I also just took a
closer look, and now wonder whether there was a glitch in the Web
cataloging or human cataloging.  I don't think it was Al that entered
"Ojibwa, Western," but the automatic post-processing & cataloging that
happens when new files are posted.

Within the text (HTML and .txt) you can see the language is Ojibwa,
as you submitted:
  Language: Ojibwa

But the bibrec page lists "Ojibwa, Western:"
  http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/40466

It might be that Marcello's automatic cataloging somehow matched
on a more specific language code (perhaps simply selecting the latest
sorted code with a matching string).

Based on your input, and the fact that the books do indicate
Ojibwa withIN them, I think we should recode ISO 639-3 code "oji",
as you indicated below.

I'm cc'ing Andrew Sly, who (along with Marcello and I, and a few
others) who can "make it so" in the bibrec.  But we can see whether
others have different opinions or diagnostics.

Even if it's "Ojibwa," rather than "Ojibwa, Western", it's a new
language for Project Gutenberg.  Thanks again,
  -- Greg