[posted] REPosted (#6739, Gide)

Helen de Mink h.demink at orange.fr
Sun Jun 17 10:18:39 PDT 2012

At 18:55 17/06/2012, Chuck Greif wrote:
>Les Caves du Vatican, by André Gide                                       6739
>   [Language: French]
>   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/6/7/3/6739 ]
>   [Updated edition of: etext04/8cvvt10.txt]
>   [Files: 6739-8.txt; 6739-h.htm]
>
>Thanks to Walter Debeuf
>
>This file has been corrected, updated with new header, removed from
>its old address in etext04 and filed under the new directory system.

Hi Chuck,

That book is still under copyright in France.
Gide died in 1951, and the French (and European)
copyright rules are 70 years after the death of the author.

I'm particularly shocked to see that PG doesn't
seem to care, but what's more important, there
should be a warning for Europeans that this book
is still under copyright in Europe and that downloading could pose problems.

Hélène